Remember the 1970s?
I had so much fun filling in this quiz
about the 1980s that I thought I would do the same for the 1970s. Not as many questions, but they may be a little tough. Feel free to put your answers in the comments, so don't check there until you've made your guesses.
1. What TV game show featured a gigantic pinball machine?
2. What sports franchise in the big four sports (baseball, football, basketball & hockey) won the most championships in the 1970s?
3. When DC Comics brought back the 1940s-era Newsboy Legion in the 1970s, they redesigned Gabby's face to look a little less like what famous person?
4. True or False: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers won a playoff game during the 1970s.
5. Who revealed the existence of tapes of White House phone conversations and meetings to the Watergate Committee?
6. Who was the daytime host of Wheel of Fortune in the 1970s?
7. Who wrote the stories in National Lampoon that were adapted for the screenplay of Animal House?
8. What band was chosen to play the final show at the Fillmore East?
9. Excluding the center, what four NFL players (arguably) touched the ball during the play that became known as "The Immaculate Reception"?
10. Who quarterbacked the Miami Dolphins for most of their undefeated 1972 season?
11. True or false: No team won back to back NBA Championships in the 1970s.
12. Name the Chicago Cubs' outfielder whose mad dash rescued an American flag from a couple of intoxicated fans who intended to burn it in centerfield at Dodger Stadium.
13. Speaking of mad dashes, why did Astros' baserunner Bob Watson race at full speed around the bases on May 5, 1975 after a teammate's home run?
14. Who was George McGovern's first announced selection for his running mate in 1972? Why was he replaced?
15. True or false: The 1971 issues of Green Lantern where Green Arrow's sidekick Speedy became a junkie were distributed without the Comics Code Authority Seal on the front cover.